Hello DOOM Eternal fans and gamers!
Over the last three years, Irdeto’s Denuvo team has been building a multiplayer anti-cheat solution. Two years ago, Denuvo kicked off an early access program where AAA publishers & studios were invited to contribute today’s most popular multiplayer titles as anti-cheat test platforms. After countless hours and millions of gameplay sessions, we are excited to announce the launch of Denuvo Anti-Cheat.
Our Anti-Cheat solution doesn’t have annoying tray icons or splash screens, and this invisibility could raise some eyebrows. Installing files onto your gaming rig deserves full transparency so here’s a list of what our Anti-Cheat does:
Install and uninstall
- The first time you start your game, Anti-Cheat installs a kernel mode driver into the Program Files folder.
- When you uninstall your game, all previously installed Anti-Cheat files are removed.
- Bethesda.net PC customers will need to manually uninstall Denuvo Anti-Cheat via Add or Remove programs in Windows settings.
Starting and stopping
- When your game starts, Denuvo Anti-Cheat starts automatically.
- When your game stops for any reason, Anti-Cheat stops automatically.
Although Anti-Cheat starts with the game, actual monitoring only happens during multiplayer matches.
Denuvo by Irdeto is a GDPR-compliant third-party data processor and it’s in our best interest to avoid collection of any personally identifiable information. Unlike other anti-cheat solutions, our Anti-Cheat solution does not take screenshots, scan your file system or stream shellcode from the internet. We collect information on how the OS interacts with the game and send the information to Amazon-hosted servers for cheat detection.
We couldn’t be more excited to take the knowledge we’ve gained in battling piracy and apply it to catching cheaters in the very games we play daily, with you.
Irdeto’s Denuvo Anti-Cheat Team
For technical or corporate inquiries, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general account inquiries, please reach out to Bethesda’s support team HERE.
Follow us HERE to stay up to date with these posts and to get more information on this important topic!